- HOME PAGE
- Blog Owner Bio
- Convert 4 cylinder Mustang to V8
- 1979 Ford Mustang 4 cylinder to V8 Brake conversio...
- Mustang Parts Car Demolition
- Mustang Parts Car Demolition Continued
- Mustang Radiator Core Support Removal and Installation
- Painting Engine Compartment
- Bro's 1988 GT Mustang
- Mustang Engine Work
- Mustang Roof and Rear Quarters sectioning
- Mustang Floor Pan Replacement
- Mustang UNDERCOATING
- Bend fuel line like a pro
- Rear Seat and Trunk Patching and Repair
- Time Lapse Vids
- 1G to 3G Alternator Conversion
- Subframe Connector Install
- Power Steering Cooler for Autocross Competitions
- Plastic Welding Dash Repair
Power Steering Cooler for Autocross Competitions
This will require some fabrication work. I made my own aluminum power steering cooler mount bracket.
I fabricated this mount from a piece of 1/8th inch aluminum flat stock. Buffed it a little and put holes in for air flow.
This is the finished mount point
Now I didn't find anything I liked for a cooler so I found a big trans cooler and I tapped into the low volume side of the power steering unit. In autocross you are constantly going through winding turns and this is very hard on the power steering units. Temperature rises to point of boiling out your power steering fluid, so a little prep work can go a long way in helping you prevent buying a new power steering unit.