- HOME PAGE
- Blog Owner Bio
- Convert 4 cylinder Mustang to V8
- 1979 Ford Mustang 4 cylinder to V8 Brake conversio...
- Mustang Parts Car Demolition
- Mustang Parts Car Demolition Continued
- Mustang Radiator Core Support Removal and Installation
- Painting Engine Compartment
- Bro's 1988 GT Mustang
- Mustang Engine Work
- Mustang Roof and Rear Quarters sectioning
- Mustang Floor Pan Replacement
- Mustang UNDERCOATING
- Bend fuel line like a pro
- Rear Seat and Trunk Patching and Repair
- Time Lapse Vids
- 1G to 3G Alternator Conversion
- Subframe Connector Install
- Power Steering Cooler for Autocross Competitions
- Plastic Welding Dash Repair
Mustang Roof and Rear Quarters sectioning
This is the highlights page of the job done over the weekend of OCT 12th & 13th of 2013 There will be more to come.
This is the old roof.
Years of debris that fell out. lol
Spot weld drilling and cutting to remove remainder from floor.
More floor rust that will be repaired later by hand from scratch
After cleaning areas up coat bare metal contact and weld points with Weldable Primer to prevent rust.
Preparation of the replacement section begins
Unfortunately my SLR camera Double battery pack went dead at this point and I had to resort to Cell phone pics. The Poor Picture below was taken by the wife with her phone as I was standing in the back of the mustang trying to lift and assist piece into proper position. Before the original body was cut up we had hung the doors and perfected the gapping so that we could use the doors to gauge positioning and fitment of part.
This took 3 people. My brother, my cousin and myself worked on getting things fitted just right.
Thank you for viewing this. It was very labor intense and you should not try this at home unless you or your relative is a bodyshop professional. This can be a very dangerous job and should not be tried if you do not have the experience needed to complete it. Every factory weld that was cut and drilled has to be re-welded. 3 tanks of Argon/CO2 mix and over 17lbs of welding wire was put into welding this car back together.