- HOME PAGE
- Blog Owner Bio
- Convert 4 cylinder Mustang to V8
- 1979 Ford Mustang 4 cylinder to V8 Brake conversio...
- Mustang Parts Car Demolition
- Mustang Parts Car Demolition Continued
- Mustang Radiator Core Support Removal and Installation
- Painting Engine Compartment
- Bro's 1988 GT Mustang
- Mustang Engine Work
- Mustang Roof and Rear Quarters sectioning
- Mustang Floor Pan Replacement
- Mustang UNDERCOATING
- Bend fuel line like a pro
- Rear Seat and Trunk Patching and Repair
- Time Lapse Vids
- 1G to 3G Alternator Conversion
- Subframe Connector Install
- Power Steering Cooler for Autocross Competitions
- Plastic Welding Dash Repair
- Door Lock Replacement
- Reset Odometer Miles
- More Mustang Rust Repair
- M81 McLaren Research "Rarest Mustang Ever"
Sunday, April 17, 2016
Installing a 1982 Mustang Fuel tank into a 1979 Mustang
Had to relocate wiring location due the dual exhaust tailpipes clearance issues.
Install grommet to protect wiring for the sending unit.
Wiring is later rapped with electrical tape to protect from elements like it was from factory.
Use dielectric grease on connectors.
After test fitting I pulled the tank back out do to clearance issues that needed to be addressed the metal flaps needed to be bent down more.
For this task just use a rubber mallet and make sure you leave the tank protector in place on bottom so that you ensure fit and bend metal around it.
After adjustments install the new tank back in the car