Saturday, July 4, 2015

MSD Ignition Control Module Mounting Location in 1979 Ford Mustang

As everyone knows my ignition control module took a dump on me, so I opted for an MSD 6AL.
Before I could install it I had to decide where I was going to put it. I opted for under the hood as I used to have the Holley Annihilator in the car and I just didn't want to drill more holes in my transmission valley again. 

I decided to make my own custom mounting location. Here is what I came up with. 



I still have some work ahead but I thought this looked pretty good. I took my sheet metal brake and some aluminum sheet metal I had laying around from other fabrication jobs and made this. I still need to route and loom wiring, but it doesn't look to shabby. 

Also yesterday I found an issue with my heater core Later I will dedicate a page to removal and installation of the new heater core the proper way. 









In the case that you may have an inspection don't forget to install the provided MSD Emissions sticker. 




When hooking up a tach you may need this:

No comments: